Which Therapy is Best for Me?
I know it can be so confusing knowing which therapy would be the right path for you! So I have put together some tips here which will hopefully help you!
To find the therapy that may suit you, begin by answering the following questions truthfully:
1. What is it you really want?
- Do you want something to help you feel better, as a complimentary to what you already be doing?
- Do you want to get to the root cause of what is happening to you at the moment?
- Do you want an overhaul of your current life, and are ready to make lifestyle and diet changes?
- Are you just looking for a quick fix (as we may have become accustomed to with the pharmaceutical approach)?
If you are looking for a complimentary therapy, and are not ready for (or do not wish to) make any changes to your lifestyle, then book a session of Reiki or Reflexology. If your problem is due to a deficiency or toxicity, you may not be directly addressing the root cause of your condition or symptoms like you would be with supplements or dietary changes, however both Reiki and Reflexology address imbalances in a different way and this may be what you need at this time. Many people find a lot of benefit and relief from these sessions alone.
If you are looking to commit to making some changes to hopefully get to the root cause of your issues, and find a natural health and nutritional approach to easing them, I recommend beginning with a Natural Health consultation. We can look together at your health information and path and decide what is right for you. This would normally be followed about a week later with a full Kinesiology session which can assess any nutritional deficiencies, food sensitivities, emotional issues are causing or contributing to your problems and find remedies such as supplements and healing techniques that will help to rebalance. Though if we decide that Reiki or Reflexology is best for you, we can move forward with this instead.
If you are not local or would like something more tangible or scientific that you can actually see in black and white (well, colour actually!) then you could opt for a Hair Mineral Analysis Test.
If you are looking to simply target a specific problem only or find a natural replacement for a pharmaceutical drug, you could book an express kinesiology session. This may require some commitment on your part too if diet or lifestyle changes come up. While the full kinesiology/consultation would delve deeper, and may be needed at a later session if your symptoms are due to multiple causes, an express session focused upon your issue may be sufficient.
If you are looking for a quick fix, I am probably unable to help you as holistic and natural approaches are a little more involved and often symptoms can get worse before they get better. In my experience, ‘quick fixes’ and ‘miracle cures’ do not address the root of the problem and can even make things worse in the long-run.
Having said that, improvements may often be felt quite quickly in many circumstances such as in cases of severe deficiency or energetic imbalance, but this shouldn’t be expected as many improvements will be more gradual over time.
2. How are you Feeling?
Do you feel ready to help yourself and make changes? I know this can be a sticking point as I have experienced this myself in the past – we need to be ready and feel a degree of determination and hope (even if this is driven by desperation!) to make the changes and stick to them! If you are not feeling this, we could begin with a complimentary therapy such as Reiki or Reflexology and introduce kinesiology at a later session. However, oftentimes, the feeling of not being ready is due to something I may pick up with kinesiology, and following my recommendations may just be enough to give you the ‘oomph’ you need!
What do you mean when you say you work with me?
Whichever therapy you choose, I do not see myself as your healer or therapist – I see my role as facilitating and guiding you to be your own healer! It is not my place to be someone who you give all your own power to – in other words, I cannot and will not make decisions for you, tell you what you should or shouldn’t be doing, and I do not expect you to solely rely upon me!
My path is that of empowering others – I help you to help yourself. I will guide and advise you based on what your body wants, but the decisions you make and the responsibility for your health are always your own. While I will let you know if I am able to assist you in different ways than what you have asked for, I will never persuade you as it is your own path!
Will you be able to help me?
The benefits of Reiki and Reflexology are widely known for bringing about peace and balance within the body in a gentle and effective way. However, in my professional and personal experience, the best way to dealing with on-going issues is to get to the root cause and this is why I put together the Natural Health Consultation with Kinesiology sessions. These will require changes and commitment on your part – who said the right way was the easiest!? Here are some thoughts for you to consider.
I am confident I can help you if:
– you are committed to making any necessary changes to your diet and lifestyle
– you actually want to become well and happy and are ready to let go of your suffering (this is a thought-provoking question, as silly as it sounds! Many people in my experience may actually have a need, comfort or purpose for their illness or condition in their lives at that time, which may hinder any improvement).
I will find it difficult to help you if:
– you are simply looking for another person to give your power to! While I am happy to offer support and guidance, you also need to help yourself.
– you are expecting a quick fix like you get with a pharmaceutical approach. Some methods take time to manifest and many supplements or remedies need to be taken regularly for maximum benefit.
Which issues do you have experience of?
I do not claim to cure or heal any particular condition as I work on the person as a whole and not the disease. At time of writing, I have worked successfully with people who have the following health issues:
- ulcerative colitis
- chronic asthma
- multiple food allergies
- anxiety / fear
- emotional blockages / trapped emotions
- various cancers (I am happy to work with you if you have cancer to support your body’s immunity, recovery and healing, I am not able to, or claim to, treat cancer)
- heavy metal toxicity
- magnesium and other mineral deficiencies
- high blood pressure and stroke risk
- diabetes type 2
- chronic fatigue syndrome
- hay fever
- skin conditions
- adrenal fatigue
- acid reflux
- detox after amalgam (silver) filling removal
- GI disturbance
- high cholesterol
- drug addiction / giving up smoking
- emotional trauma
- menopause / oestrogen imbalance
- low immunity
- kidney stones
- medication poisoning
- Medical ‘mysteries’ (ie. illnesses/symptoms that have been unable to be officially diagnosed – ‘tired all the time’, ‘all tests fine, they can’t find anything wrong’, etc)