by Danielle Bryant BSYA(Hom.) NCFE BSYA(N.Th.) AHCP(Reg.)
Adapted from an article written for the October Shop Holistic newsletter
NATURAL PROTECTION AGAINST FLU AND OTHER ILLNESSES
Throughout research into products and studies, I have found there are many alternatives you can use to build up an immunity to flu and
other seasonal problems this winter.
1. Take a good quality high potency Vitamin D3: 2,000-5,000iu per day – this will build up your natural defences in the lack of sunlight, help your body to process calcium and also keep the ‘winter blues’ or S.A.D. at bay, which is believed to be a symptom of Vitamin D deficiency.
2. Take a natural anti-microbial preparation such as Colloidal or Ionic Silver. It is scientifically proven that ionic silver kills all
pathogens including viruses. Just a couple of sprays or dropperfulls a day will help to keep your immune system healthy.
3. Take a high quality bioavailable Vitamin C
supplement such as the Higher Nature Rosehips 1,000mg Vitamin C. You can take 3 a day at equal intervals.
In addition you may want to:
4.Take a good quality, high potency probiotic to support your immune system.
5. Eat plenty of oily fish, or take a good Omega 3 supplement.
6. Eat plenty of organic fruit and vegetables and eat right for your metabolic type (see the Free Resources for a quiz to find out yours!)
7. Keep magnesium levels topped up by bathing in magnesium chloride flakes or making magnesium oil out of magnesium chloride flakes!
8. Take Iodine to support your thyroid such as Nascent Iodine (superior bioavailability than Lugol’s Iodine)
9. Eat raw honey such as Manuka (15+).